Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Accounting for Income Taxes
8:00am - 8:30am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30am - 10:00pm ASC 740 Refresher
10:00am - 5:00pm ASC 740 Technical Topics and Current Update (lunch provided)
5:00pm - Networking reception to follow at The Local
931 Nicollet Mall (corner of 10th Street and Nicollet)
Reception space is reserved in Wilde's Corner 5 - 7:30 PM
Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 740 includes financial accounting and reporting guidance for income tax matters. This session is designed for tax professionals with diverse levels of ASC 740 experience. The session will include a refresher on the debits and credits of income tax accounting, a discussion on current events including tax reform considerations, and a review of technical tax accounting topics.
Benefits of Attending
The course has a number of learning objectives. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Highlight current events associated with accounting for income taxes including changes resulting from tax reform
- Understand perspectives on accounting for income tax matters from KPMG local tax professionals, KPMG's Washington National Tax, and KPMG's audit practice
- Implement helpful considerations to smooth the year-end provision process
- Summarize the debits and credits of income tax accounting
- Identify key considerations for income tax technical accounting matters, including business combinations, share-based compensation, ASC 740-30 (APB 23), valuation allowance analysis, and uncertain tax positions.
ATT Tower Concierge
901 Marquette Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55402
$25 per Member attendee
$50 per Non-Member attendee
Registration will be limited to 100 people.
Security: You MUST be pre-registered for this event for security purposes. Anyone who walks-in unregistered will have to go through a full security check in procedure.
Parking: There are numerous ramps available. There is also metered street parking. Parking is not reimbursed or included in the training fee.
Accommodations: KPMG provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who request such accommodations to participate in training. Individuals requesting such an accommodation(s) should contact your local HR professional at least two weeks prior to the start date of the program.
CPE: You may qualify for up to 7 CPE credits. KPMG is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual course credit. No advance preparation or prerequisites are required.